Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pilot

Before I Leap


20 years and 10 days of living and I still don't know which path to root for.

I just turned twenty years old and it had me thinking, WOW. 20. And I'm still not sure with what I want to do for a living. Yeah, sure I'm already [almost] in my last year in college and I should be gearing up for the "real world"; but I feel like something just seems wrong. I'm taking up a dreadful four year Hospitality Management program in Manila and I am loving it but do I really want to be a Hotelier? A Restaurateur? Maybe. Maybe not. Probably I was just pressured 3 years ago to take up ANY course I know I can handle and not something I know I love all my life.

The problem is, I love doing a lot of things: Photography, designing [graphic, fashion, production... all sorts of designing!], theatre, arts, travelling, cooking, and the list can go on and on. I'm more inclined in Arts than in Science as you can tell on the list I just did. I love constant movement and fast-paced activities rather than sitting in an office doing paperwork all day and doing the same thing.

I love arts but I don't know if it's something I want to do for a living or simply make it a side job. I decided to go for Hospitality Management thinking I can apply every hobby I love for my own establishment one day.

Fashion design for employee uniforms, Photography, film making  and graphic designing for advertisements, travelling as I go along my business, cooking for my resort's resto and maybe singing for lobby entertainment? HAHA! I can now imagine a one man resort business which is impossible. :))

Auditioning as a Disney World cast member entered my mind too! Since it's within my scope of possible careers in HM and it involves theatrics! :D



What happened to me is that I chose something I can do for a living but don't exactly love with an effort to put everything I LOVE along with it. Unlike others who are lucky and smart enough to choose to start with what they love and deal with it for the rest of their lives.

I grew up with a thought pushed into my head, "There is no money in art." But here I am, choosing a money loaded program but struggling to jump to the other side: to where I really want to be.

Should I go with what I started already and do everything I love on the side?
Or should I make my real vocation my job?

Bottom line is, this blog is for you to check out what I've been up to in my Artsy side and my HM side.
Photography, Travel and Graphic designing or whatever's related to my decision making on what I want to do. I know I'm still young and have a lot of time to discover myself. Seeing these things physically along with other people's perspectives can be a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment